My friends and I went for brunch at Cantina Alley in Sacramento, and I had a super delicious watermelon margarita.
The best part about it was that it was a watermelon margarita, in an actual watermelon.
Lil summer drink! Watermelon margarita 🍉🍹
I found myself wanting more when I was back home in Los Angeles, so I decided to make it myself.
Try the full recipe of my take on the watermelon margarita below!
- 1 Blender or Juicer
- 1 Strainer Strainer only needed if using blender
- 1 Muddler
- 1 Mini watermelon
- 2 Limes
- Trader Joes Chile Lime seasoning for garnish
- Tequila of your choice Eyeball it to your liking
- Slice the top of a washed mini watermelon to give it a cap or lid effect
- Scoop out the watermelon and place it in a blender or juicer
- If using a blender, muddle the watermelon in the blender to release any juice and blend the remainder to the most juice-like consistency you can achieve. If using a juicer, set aside the juice once it's complete
- Strain the watermelon juice from the blender into a jug until it's separated from the pulp
- Add as little or as much tequila as you want to the juice. 4 oz is a good place to start
- Squeeze in half a lime and stir the mixture
- Add ice to the empty watermelon shell
- Pour mixture into the watermelon shell -- use the sliced off piece to help the shell stay in place and keep from tilting over
- Cut one lime into quarters and place in the watermelon shell
- Sprinkle some chile lemon seasoning on the rim of the watermelon shell - any residue that goes into the shell is okay
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy